Monday, August 17, 2015

Good Morning

"Morning is an important part of the day because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have" 
- Lemony Snicket
After spending the last three days staying up until the late hours of the night with all my brothers, I also seek comfort in knowing I will be the first one awake the next morning. Don't get me wrong I love having everyone home, talking too loud and eating tons of food, but the morning hours I have alone definitely set the tone for how the rest of my day is going to be. After talking non-stop about the most random things until 4 am, it is nice to wake up and have my mom be gone for work and the only other thing awake be my dog. I can sit and drink my coffee and clear my mind for the day to come. With school fast approaching I will miss my drawn out mornings spent sitting on my back porch sipping coffee and reading Harry Potter leisurely, however my mom and I have a different kind of morning routine for the school year that also never fails to set up the rest of the day for success. Including not speaking until I have had at least one cup of coffee in me and watching the news, I can head to school ready to start the day (this does not mean that I am fully wide awake, no morning routine where I have to get up at 5 am could successfully prepare me for that). Whether it be a 5 am wake up call or Harry Potter on the porch, I definitely know how to spend my morning to help me have a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment